Wednesday, December 29, 2010

TRUST: to rely upon or place confidence in

America's Favorite President, Abraham Lincoln once said,"What I did, I did after very full deliberation, and under a heavy and solemn sense of responsibility. I can only trust in God that I have made no mistakes..."
  
Lincoln was the leader when our nation was divided among itself.  He was carrying stress from the responsibility of uniting our great nation back together again.  Lincoln was striving to make all the right choices that were best for America.  He was making his decisions with careful consideration.  Lincoln was a great man of faith who foundation during these difficult decisions was based upon God.  

Lincoln said "we can press on, guided by the best light He gives us, trusting that in His good time and wise way all will yet be well."  I needed to read these quotes today.  Daily, everyone is faced with hundreds of important decisions a day. Some decisions may be as simple as what outfit am I going to wear today or how should I do my hair.  Whereas other decisions we can face can completely change our lives forever.  It is so important to remember that if we have made a decision and have thought about, prayed about it, and fell that God is leading us to a certain direction than we need to trust Him.  Placing our trust means putting our confidence in and relying in that the choice that we made is right.  

For me, I need to do that.   Through the choices I make, if they are done to serve Him and bring me closer to Him, then they are the right choices.  Even if my life is not going the way I would plan it to be, I need to remember that God holds my life in His hands and everything is in control.  Because the best life that I could ever write for myself or imagine is nothing compared to what He has in store for me :)

1 Corinthians 2:9-"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

So remember in your decisions you make to "trust in the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."  
 
 

1 comment: